Storage Bags in the Rear Wheel Wells

If you have a 2018-20 Revel, and if you're *not* doing a GLSS from Canyon Adventure Vans, then you have unusually-shaped rear wheel wells in the garage area. I've searched a long time for a better way to use the space in these rear wheel wells, so I was very glad to finally find these Jeep storage bags that fit that space almost perfectly. (Note that there is a driver's side bag and a passenger's side bag, and they differ slightly from each other.)



In order to mount the driver's side bag, I considered using expansion nuts, but found these machine screws to have a very firm hold in the plastic, and simply capped them with large black washers, shown below.


I anchored the lower right corner (red circle) first, then applied 3 more screws & washers along the lower rear seam (blue line). Then I pulled the bag up so that it was vertically taut, and applied 4 more screws & washers along the top (green line). 


At this point, the bag was very firmly attached to the van, and I stopped there. Looking into the bag without the velcro dividers installed, it looked like this:


The bag measurements are these, yielding 1850 cubic inches of storage in a padded, zippered bag.

To my great surprise, I am able to put the entire contents of my emergency supplies and water replenishment totes into this bag, freeing up the space on the garage floor for other gear. Everything in the following photo fits in this bag.


I'm keeping it zippered shut, and will continue using my cargo net over this space for eventualities.


UPDATE: I realized that if I turn one of these bags on end, it provides a good fit in the remaining space in the wheel well. I've loaded it up with shoes & boots, and will give it a try on our next road trip. That awkwardly-shaped space is really starting to get utilized efficiently...






20-Oct-2020


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice fit... I’m gonna buy some myself