Table Leg Replacement

Following several others in the Revel Facebook group, I decided to replace the aluminum table leg with an adjustable strap for supporting the outdoor table. This allows adjustability when the Revel isn't parked on a level spot, doesn't require someone to retrieve the leg from inside, and doesn't require installation & removal.

  • Materials: 2" footman loop, 1.5" nylon strap about 5 feet long
  • Tools: Power drill, screwdriver
  • Time: 15 minutes
  • Cost: $15

I planned to buy a nylon strap for this project, but I had an unused 1.5" nylon strap from an REI duffel bag, so I used that. A better alternative may be this one (https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07DVLX6MD/) which has a D-ring installed on the end.



To accommodate the 1.5" nylon strap I bought a 2" footman loop. (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8BZ97R/).


I simply installed the footman loop just below the screen.


I kept the mounting plate from the original table and hooked around it with the other end of my nylon strap. A simple nylon strap with a D-ring attached would be a more elegant solution here.


I thought about adding some snaps or velcro spots to store it in place, but found that simply pinching the strap between the cabinet & table works just fine. I also store the loop end of the strap by wedging it to the left, where it won't bang around or rattle.



Jul-7-2020






No comments: