Rear Door Storage

I'm trying to optimize storage in the van, and decided to use the rear doors for storing several flat, bulky items that are always with us on the road. 

The first, a small folding table, was hung on the rear passenger door using Mini Quick Fist clamps and a bungee cord. Each clamp is capable of holding 25 lbs, so I could have gotten away with just a single clamp, but I used two for lateral stability (swinging). Placement was a little tricky because I needed to maintain access to the interior handle, resulting in unfortunate clamp mounting points on the door panels. (I tested the screws in the plastic, and feel comfortable that expansion nuts (well nuts) don't seem necessary here.)



I used black 2-hole D-rings for the bungee cord mounting points.





I also mounted an outdoor privacy tent on the rear driver's side door. This was the simplest possible design that I could think of which did not include hanging. Once again, I used the black D-rings for the bungee mounting points, along with these perfectly-sized bungee cords.






19-Oct-2020

No comments: